SDSDDD

How to Cure a Victim Mentality

All over the world, there is an epidemic of victims. 

You can recognize the haunted ones by the way they blame other people and circumstances for their current life situation. All their problems are the fault of the government, the economy, their parents, etc. They feel sorry for themselves, and you can hear the echoes from their complaints. Apparently the world owes these people something. They are defined by a feeling of powerlessness, and are waiting for rescue.

Have you been infected? 

Maybe you weren’t born into wealth. Maybe you had a dysfunctional family. Maybe your past contains misery and failure.

Well, everybody has a story, so your excuses aren’t unique. There are people in this world who have lived through more adversity than you, but are still accomplishing the very things you desire. 

Accept that life is unfair, and do the best with what you have.

A victim mindset causes you to lose the ability to properly handle difficult situations. When you blame people or circumstances, you aren’t assuming personal responsibility. You’re stuck in the victim trap, which means you are denying responsibility for your actions and current life situation.

Taking responsibility is an essential part of a man’s life. It’s what separates the boys from the men. 

Always assume responsibility, and focus on actions that will take you in the right direction. When you assume personal responsibility, you’ll always have the power to rearrange your life and be solution-oriented.


’’The price of greatness is responsibility’’ – Winston Churchill


Shit happens. It’s a part of life.

You can’t control everything that happens to you, but you can always control how you respond to it. Adversity can be seen either as a curse or a valuable lesson.

It’s all about how you interpret it. 


’’I am not what has happened to me. I am what I choose to be.’’ – Carl Jung


I once read that you shouldn’t whine about your problems, because 20% of people don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them. Whining and sympathy-seeking isn’t just something other people find annoying. It’s destructive and pathetic behavior. Feeling sorry for oneself never got any man closer to prosperity.

The Victim Cure:

1. Man up, and take responsibility 
2. Stop pointing fingers and laying blame
3. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, because nobody will save you
4. Don’t feel sorry for yourself
5. Realize that the world owes you nothing 

It requires character and effort to take charge of your life – but it’s every man’s duty to do so.

Are you going to be a helpless victim, or an empowered man?

The choice is yours.

One thought on “How to Cure a Victim Mentality

  1. It’s interesting, when it comes to sports we would never allow people to use the victim argumentation. You play the game, you may win or you lose. But you would not pretend to be a victim because you didn’t win the gold medal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *